Seminar: Keeping water out
Basements, bathrooms (particularly tiled showers) and decks are known areas of higher risk in terms of potential issues related to water entry and/or migration to adjacent spaces.
This seminar covers the principles of:
- why we need to waterproof effectively
- the requirements of the Building Code, Acceptable Solutions and standards
- waterproofing material options
- waterproofing extent
- key design parameters - the definition of wet areas and splash zones for bathrooms, slopes to bathroom floors and decks
- key waterproofing system application requirements such as curing
- key aspects of detailing
- drainage - behind walls, external for decks and internal for bathrooms
- inspection and maintenance
- for bathrooms - specific issues around freestanding baths, preformed showers, level-entry showers, finishes to walls.
Please note that access to this recorded seminar will expire 1 month after purchase.
|Publication date||1 September 2010|
|Product type||Recorded seminar|