BU590 Contracts in the building industry
Clarifying and documenting the intentions of both parties to a contract before the work starts can avoid costly and time-consuming disputes and litigation. This bulletin explains what a contract is, the types of building contracts available and how they relate to the building process.
This bulletin replaces and updates Bulletin 580 of the same name.
The bulletin covers:
- parties to a building contract
- scope for contractual problems
- basic legal requirements
- implied warranties
- what form must a contract take
- types of building contracts
- standard forms of contract
- benefits of a written contract.
|Publication date||October 2015|