BU461 Practical sound control
This bulletin is aimed at helping reduce noise problems for people in residential buildings. It does not attempt to cover the specialised field of specific acoustic design, which should be referred to an acoustic consultant.
It provides background to the principles of sound generation and transmission and outlines the methods available to reduce unwanted sound (noise) in buildings.
The bulletin covers:
- sound sources
- sound paths
- sound levels
- treating sound problems at source
- treating sound transmission paths
- controlling external sound
- sound control measures for new buildings
- reducing sound transmission through glazing.
|Publication date||June 2005|