Appraisal number: 541 (2019)
Date issued: 14 Jun 2019
TECHNOKOLLA Rasolastik Exterior Waterproofing Membranes
TECHNOKOLLA Rasolastik Exterior Waterproofing Membranes (Rasolastik ADV and Rasolastik EVO) are liquid-applied waterproofing membranes for use under ceramic or stone tile finishes on external decks and balconies.
Rasolastik Waterproofing Membranes have been appraised for use as waterproofing membranes for buildings within the following scope:
- Scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 paragraph 1.1.
- With timber supporting structures designed and constructed in accordance with the NZBC.
- With substrates of plywood and fibre-cement compressed sheet.
- With decks that have a maximum size of 40 m².
Rasolastik Waterproofing Membranes have also been appraised for use as waterproofing membranes for external reinforced concrete pedestrian decks and balconies for buildings within the following scope:
- Up to 3 storeys with a maximum height from ground to eaves of 10 m and with a floor plan area limited only by seismic and structural control joints.
- With the reinforced concrete structure designed and constructed in accordance with the NZBC.
The Appraisal is limited to decks and balconies within the following scope:
- Constructed to suitable falls.
- With the membrane continually protected from exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light and from physical damage by ceramic or stone tile finishes.
- With decks and balconies designed and constructed such that deflections do not exceed 1/360th of the span.
- With no steps within the deck level, no integral roof gardens and no downpipes discharging directly onto the deck.
Movement and control joints in the substrate must be carried through to the tile finish. The design and construction of the substrate and movement and control joints is specific to each building and therefore the responsibility of the building designer and building contractor. These joints have not been assessed and are outside the scope of this Appraisal.
Ceramic or stone tile finishes are outside the scope of thise Appraisal.
The membranes must be installed by Technokolla NZ approved and trained applicators.
General Requirements for External Applications of Rasolastik Two-Part Liquid Applied Waterproofing Membrane, version 1.4, June 2013
Always refer to the Appraisal in full and the technical literature.