Appraisal number: 1047 (2019)
Date issued: 14 Mar 2019
Dunlop Express Wet Area Waterproofing
Dunlop Express Wet Area Waterproofing is a premixed liquid-applied waterproofing membrane for use under ceramic or stone tile finishes in internal wet areas.
Dunlop Express Wet Area Waterproofing has been appraised for use as waterproofing membranes for the internal wet areas of buildings within the following scope:
- On floor substrates of concrete, plywood, compressed fibre-cement sheet and fibre-cement sheet tile underlay and on wall substrates of concrete, concrete masonry, wet area fibre-cement sheet lining systems and wet area plasterboard lining systems.
- When protected from physical damage by ceramic or stone tile finishes.
- Where floors are designed and constructed such that deflections do not exceed 1/360th of the span.
The use of Dunlop Express Wet Area Waterproofing on concrete slabs where hydrostatic or vapour pressure is present from below is outside the scope of this Appraisal.
Movement and control joints in the substrate must be carried through the membrane and tile finish. The design and construction of the substrate and movement and control joints is specific to each building and is therefore the responsibility of the building designer and building contractor and is outside the scope of this Appraisal.
The ceramic or stone tile finishes are outside the scope of this Appraisal.
The membrane must be installed by trained installers approved by ARDEX NZ Ltd.
- Dunlop Express Wet Area TDS
- Dunlop Primer & Additive PAA, 12/06v3
- Dunlop Express Wet Area Tape TDS - Tape_917
Always refer to the Appraisal in full and the technical literature.