Level: Floor coverings
Appearance and durability are the key criteria for selecting floor coverings but it's also important to consider the environmental impacts.
This guide covers factors such as:
- resistance to wear and moisture
- ability to withstand chemical attack
- suitability for the substrate
- embodied energy - the amount of energy consumed to manufacture, transport, install and recycle the product
- ability to recycle or reuse.
All the main options available are covered, from carpets to wood overlays, concrete to cork, solid timber to stone.
|Publication date||1 February 2008|