B-RISK - Design fire tool software download
Download the zip file, unzip and run the setup file to install. You may require administrator privileges for the installation. (Version B-RISK-2023-02 - OS Win64).
BRANZ and the University of Canterbury worked together to develop B-RISK from the BRANZFIRE deterministic fire model. This collaboration was funded by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment and the Building Research Levy.
The continued support and maintenance of B-RISK is funded by the Building Research Levy.
B-RISK allows several features to be integrated within the design tool to simulate building fires such as:
- a design fire generator and item-to-item fire spread module allowing building contents to be randomly placed within a room and the overall rate of heat release to be determined
- a comprehensive sprinkler response module including operation of multiple heads and parameters for effectiveness and reliability of sprinkler systems
- Assignment of hold-open devices to doors and open/close vents using a range of trigger criteria
- Vent flows and smoke migration
- reliability of other systems such as smoke detectors, mechanical systems and passive elements such as doors
- C/VM2 user mode - useful for fire analysis required to be in compliance with the New Zealand Building Code
- visualisation of geometry and results using Smokeview software
- Monte Carlo multi-iteration sampling for probability/risk analysis
- the inclusion of various types of balcony spill plume relationships to facilitate the design of smoke management systems within buildings.
|11 June 2001