Call for scholarship applications
The 2021 funding round is now open
- Applications are officially accepted now through to 5pm, Wednesday, 16 December 2020.
- We will respond to applicants by the end of January 2021.
For information on BRANZ's priorities for research, please refer to the Levy Investment Signals [PDF, 883KB].
Examples of current scholars’ research topics include: low-carbon construction, sustainable building, home maintenance, environmental resilience and mental health and wellbeing.
Allocations will generally be:
- Master’s degree — $20,000 in total for length of degree
- PhD — $25,000 per year for up to 3 years.
- Applicants must have New Zealand citizenship or permanent residence and have been accepted by a recognised New Zealand tertiary institution.
- Successful scholars are expected to study full-time, unless otherwise agreed to by BRANZ.
- Funding to an individual scholar for PhD studies is limited to 3 years.
- Scholars will also be required to submit a project plan indicating proposed milestones, which must be agreed by BRANZ before the first payment is made. Progress against this plan will need to be certified by your supervisor and communicated through progress updates.
- Scholars will liaise with BRANZ throughout the scholarship duration.
- Scholars are expected to communicate the results of their research to the building and construction sector.
- A scholarship awarded under this scheme carries no connotation of employment by BRANZ Group during the period of the award or at its conclusion.
How to apply for funding
Please complete the scholarship application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete all sections, in particular:
- why the research is needed
- what potential difference it will make for the building and construction industry.
BRANZ accepts Scholarship applications throughout the year. However, to improve your chances of receiving funding, we encourage applicants to apply within the scholarship funding round.
After the funding round has closed, scholarship applications for the next academic year are generally accepted up to July of the previous academic year.
If you are seeking another source of funding, your application should be submitted to BRANZ 4 weeks before the closing date set by any co-funding agency.
Read about the research projects under way by current BRANZ scholars:
Enquire about scholarships
For more information or to submit your application, email email@example.com.