BRANZ scholarships give students with outstanding academic credentials the opportunity to pursue research that benefits the entire building system.
Allocations will generally be:
- master’s degree — $20,000 in total for length of degree
- PhD — $25,000 per year for up to 3 years.
Apply for funding
Complete the scholarship application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete all sections, in particular:
- why the research is needed
- what potential difference it will make for the building and construction industry.
Applicants must have New Zealand citizenship or permanent residence and have been accepted by an accredited New Zealand tertiary institution.
Funding cycle timeframe
Scholarship applications for the next academic year are generally accepted up to July of the previous academic year.
We accept scholarship applications throughout the year. However, we encourage applicants to apply within the funding cycle timeframe to improve their chances of receiving funding.
Most of the scholarship funding will be allocated during the funding round, but we consider out-of-cycle applications carefully.
Applications should be submitted to BRANZ 4 weeks before the closing date set by any co-funding agency.
- Successful scholars are expected to study full-time, unless otherwise agreed to by BRANZ.
- Funding to an individual scholar for PhD studies is limited to 3 years.
- Scholars will also be required to submit a project plan indicating proposed milestones, which must be agreed by BRANZ before the first payment is made. Progress against this plan will need to be certified by your supervisor and communicated through progress updates.
- Scholars will liaise with BRANZ throughout the scholarship duration.
- Scholars are expected to communicate the results of their research to the building and construction sector.
- A scholarship awarded under this scheme carries no connotation of employment by BRANZ Group during the period of the award or at its conclusion.
Current BRANZ scholars
Read about the research projects under way by current BRANZ scholars:
Enquire about scholarships
For more information or to submit your application, email email@example.com.