BRANZ is accredited by International Accreditation New Zealand (IANZ) for testing the fire performance of products, materials and systems using the following methods:
- ISO 5660.1 Reaction to fire tests – Heat release, smoke production and mass loss rate- Part 1: Heat release rate (cone calorimeter method)
- ISO 5660.2 Reaction to fire tests – Heat release, smoke production and mass loss rate – Part 2: Smoke production rate (dynamic measurement)
- AS/NZS 3837 Method of test for heat and smoke release rates for materials and products using an oxygen consumption calorimeter
- ASTM E 1354 Standard test method for heat and visible smoke release rates for materials and products using an oxygen consumption calorimeter
- ISO 9705 Full scale room test for surface products
- AS ISO 9705 Full scale room test for surface products.
The results from these tests can be used to determine Group Numbers which are required by the Building Codes of New Zealand and Australia.
Group Numbers can be determined in accordance with:
- New Zealand — NZBC Verification Method C/VM2
- Australia — AS 5637 as required by the National Construction Code (NCC) Building Code of Australia.