BRANZ Inc. allocates funds to assist students with outstanding academic credentials to undertake research in fields that are deemed to be of importance to the building and construction sector.
Read about our current scholars:
Call for scholarship applications - now open
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they hold New Zealand citizenship or permanent residence and have been accepted by an accredited New Zealand tertiary institution.
We recommend applicants read the application template in full and address all questions. In particular, why the research is needed, and what potential difference it will make for the building and construction industry.
Please be advised of the following:
- Successful candidates are expected to study full-time, unless otherwise agreed to by BRANZ.
- Funding to an individual student for PhD studies is limited to 3 years.
- Award recipients will liaise with us throughout the scholarship duration.
- Applicants should be able to meet the expectations of wide transfer to the building and construction sector of the results of their research.
- A scholarship awarded under this scheme carries no connotation of employment by BRANZ Group during the period of the award or at its conclusion.
- If your application is successful, you will also be required to submit a project plan indicating proposed milestones, which must be agreed by BRANZ before the first payment is made. Progress against this plan will need to be certified by your supervisor and communicated through progress updates.
Allocations at master's and PhD level will generally be:
- Master's - $20,000 in total for degree
- Doctorate - $25,000 per year for up to 3 years
How to apply
Please complete a Scholarship Application Template.
Submit to email@example.com by 5pm, Monday 26 February 2018.
- We accept scholarship applications throughout the year. While we will consider out-of-cycle applications carefully, we envisage a sizeable proportion of the scholarship funding will be allocated in the above funding rounds, with instalments beginning around March of the following year. Applicants are therefore welcome to apply throughout the year but encouraged to apply within the round timeframe wherever possible to maximise their chances of success.
- Applicants should ensure there is a month available to BRANZ for consideration before any closing date set by any co-funding agency.
Where appropriate successful applicants will be introduced to an industry supervisor. This will give the successful applicant the opportunity to develop professional connections in their chosen research area, while helping to keep industry informed of their findings.
For further information or to submit your application contact research.