Appraisal number: 411 (2018)
Date issued: 31 Aug 2018
Viking Dec-K-ing PVC Waterproofing Membrane
Viking Dec-K-ing PVC Waterproofing Membrane is a reinforced polyvinyl chloride (PVC), adhesive-fixed sheet waterproofing membrane designed to be used on pedestrian decks and balconies.
The product is a coloured, laminated, multi-layered, flexible PVC sheet in roll form. The product is installed as a single-layer system.
Viking Dec-K-ing PVC Waterproofing Membrane has been appraised for use as a waterproofing membrane for buildings within the following scope:
- On pedestrian decks and balconies.
- Scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 paragraph 1.1.
- With timber supporting structures designed and constructed in accordance with the NZBC.
- With substrates of plywood sheet and compressed fibre-cement sheet.
- With decks that have a maximum size of 40 m².
Viking Dec-K-ing PVC Waterproofing Membrane has also been appraised for use as a waterproofing membrane for external reinforced concrete pedestrian decks and balconies for buildings within the following scope:
- Up to 3 storeys with a maximum height from ground to eaves of 10 m and with a floor plan area limited only by seismic and structural control joints.
- With the reinforced concrete structure designed and constructed in accordance with the NZBC.
This Appraisal is limited to pedestrian decks and balconies within the following scope:
- Constructed to suitable falls.
- With no steps within the deck level, no integral roof gardens and no downpipe discharging directly onto the deck.
The design and construction of the substrate and movement and control joints are specific to each building and are therefore the responsibility of the building designer and building contractor and are outside the scope of this Appraisal.
The membrane must be installed by Viking Roofspec trained and approved applicators.
Always refer to the Appraisal in full and the technical literature.