BU581 Residential mechanical ventilation systems
Ventilation plays a major role in indoor air quality and moisture management in houses, removing and diluting contaminants, including water vapour.
This bulletin looks at residential mechanical ventilation systems, including supply, extract and heat recovery ventilation systems.
The bulletin covers:
- infiltration and airtightness
- need for ventilation
- ventilation rates
- mechanical ventilation
- supply systems, including operation, components, supply air and roof space air-sourced positive pressure systems
- extract systems, including fans, ducted extract systems, extract air location and discharge air location
- mechanical ventilation heat recovery systems
- choosing a ventilation system
Publication date: February 2015 Keywords: condensation, electrical, heating, mould, ventilation