Testing accreditation - New Zealand
The BRANZ fire testing laboratory is accredited to the ISO/IEC 17025 laboratory standard by International Accreditation New Zealand (IANZ), New Zealand's national accreditation authority.
Testing accreditation - Australia
BRANZ is also recognised by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) Australia and is a registered testing authority under provisions of the National Construction Code (NCC) Building Code of Australia (BCA). This means BRANZ fire test and fire assessment reports are evidence of suitability under the BCA.
- IANZ certificate of accreditation - fire testing laboratory [PDF, 48KB],
- IANZ and NATA joint letter [PDF, 186KB], recording International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) signatory acceptance of reports
Testing accreditation - worldwide
IANZ is a signatory of the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC) Mutual Recognition Arrangment (MRA), and 73 accreditation bodies around the world are recommended to accept BRANZ test reports as being equivalent to those issued by laboratories accredited by them.
- ILAC MRA and signatories [PDF, 47KB]
- ILAC membership by nation (economy) - click on ‘N-S list of members' to see the New Zealand accreditation body IANZ
More information about fire testing
If you would like to discuss fire testing for your product, contact us by:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone +64 4 237 1170.