Appraisal number: 446 (2020)
Date issued: 2 Sep 2020
Linea™ Weatherboard Direct Fixed Cladding
Linea™ Weatherboard is a bevel-back fibre-cement weatherboard, which is designed to be used as part of an external wall cladding system for residential and light commercial type buildings where domestic construction techniques are used.
Linea™ Weatherboard Direct Fixed Cladding consists of Linea™ Weatherboards applied direct to the external wall framing over a building underlay. The cladding incorporates secondary seals behind all internal and external corners, flashings for window, door and meter box penetrations, as well as air seals to all wall penetrations.
The cladding system is finished with a latex paint system.
Linea™ Weatherboard Direct Fixed Cladding has been appraised as an external wall cladding for buildings within the following scope:
- The scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 paragraph 1.1.
- Constructed with timber framing complying with the NZBC.
- With a risk score of 0-12, calculated in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 Table 2.
- Situated in NZS 3604 wind zones up to and including very high.
Linea™ Weatherboard Direct Fixed Cladding must only be installed horizontally on vertical surfaces.
Linea™ Weatherboard Direct Fixed Cladding is appraised for use with aluminium window and door joinery that is installed with vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sills. (Note: The Appraisal of Linea™ Weatherboard Direct Fixed Cladding relies on the joinery meeting the requirements of NZS 4211 for the relevant wind zone.)
Note: Linea™ Weatherboard Direct Fixed Cladding can be used to provide fire resistance rated construction, but these aspects have not been assessed by this Appraisal and are outside its scope.
Linea™ Weatherboard Technical Specification - May 2020
Linea Weatherboard Direct Fix
- Figure 1 - Direct Fix Weatherboard fixing
- Figure 2 - Direct Fix Foundation Detail and Soffit
- Figure 3 - Enclosed Deck
- Figure 4 - T & G Jointing off Stud
- Figure 5 - External Corner Soaker
- Figure 6 - External Aluminium box corner
- Figure 7 - External Boxed Corner
- Figure 8 - External Mitre Corner
- Figure 9 - Internal Aluminium Corner
- Figure 10 - Internal 135 Aluminium corner
- Figure 11 - Scribed Internal Corner
- Figure 12 - Wall to soffit Junction ‘X’
- Figure 13 - Window Sill
- Figure 14 - Window Head
- Figure 15 - Window Jamb
- Figure 16 - Head Flashing Termination
- Figure 17 - Window Sill with facing
- Figure 18 - Window head with facing
- Figure 19 - Window Jamb with facing
- Figure 20 - Pipe Penetration
- Figure 21 - Continuous Cladding Over joist
- Figure 22 - Timber Deck Junction
- Figure 23 - Apron Flashing detail
- Figure 24 - Garage door head
- Figure 25 - Garage Door Jamb
Always refer to the Appraisal in full and the technical literature.