Appraisal number: 713 (2018)
Date issued: 5 Dec 2018
Viking Warm Roof/WARMSPAN System
The Viking Warm Roof/WARMSPAN System is an insulating roofing system for limited-access flat roofs with concrete, plywood or steel structural decks. It consists of a thermal insulation layer and a roof finish of either a thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) waterproofing sheet membrane or a torch-applied modified bitumen membrane.
The Viking Warm Roof/WARMSPAN System has been appraised for use as an insulating roof on buildings within the following scope:
- The scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and maximum floor plan areas.
- On limited-access flat roofs with concrete, plywood or steel structural decks subject to specific structural design.
- With roofs constructed to drain water to gutters and drainage outlets complying with the NZBC.
- With roofs constructed to suitable falls.
- With no integral roof gardens.
- Situated in NZS 3604 wind zones up to and including extra high.
The Viking Warm Roof/WARMSPAN System has also been appraised for durability and thermal performance as an insulated roofing system on buildings that are the subject of specific design with no building height restriction and situated in specific design wind pressures up to a maximum design differential ultimate limit state (ULS) of 6 kPa.
Building designers are responsible for the building design and for the incorporation of the Viking Warm Roof/WARMSPAN System into their design in accordance with the declared properties and instructions of Viking Roofspec.
The Viking Warm Roof/WARMSPAN System must be installed by Viking Roofspec licensed and trained installers.
Always refer to the Appraisal in full and the technical literature.