BU613 NZS 4218:2009 calculation method
Designers can show compliance with New Zealand Building Code clause H1 Energy efficiency by using Acceptable Solution H1/AS1 or Verification Method H1/VM1. H1/AS1 cites the schedule and calculation methods of NZS 4218:2009 Thermal insulation - Housing and small buildings as a solution for thermal resistance of the building envelope. H1/VM1 cites the modelling method.
This bulletin provides an overview of the calculation method. It updates and replaces Bulletin 504 NZS 4218 calculation method.
This bulletin covers:
- flexibility of the calculation method
- documents required for the calculation method
- reference building heat loss calculation
- proposed building heat loss calculation
- examples using the calculation method.
|Publication date||August 2017|