BU609 Photovoltaic systems for dwellings
Photovoltaic systems for dwellings are typically small-scale systems that absorb sunlight and convert the energy into electricity. They are often grid connected, exporting surplus energy to the national electricity grid and allowing a dwelling to use grid energy as required.
This bulletin describes the photovoltaic systems and grid connection and briefly addresses economic and sustainability issues.
This bulletin covers:
- regulatory requirements
- solar panels and array frames and solar tiles
- system size and generation capacity
- supplying the grid
- batteries and stand-alone systems
- PV dedicated to a storage water heater
- the economics of PV generation
- sustainability considerations.
|Publication date||April 2017|