BU608 Building life cycle assessment
Buildings can leave a significant legacy of unwanted environmental impacts. A building life cycle assessment (LCA) provides quantified information on building environmental performance that can be compared to targets set by the client.
This bulletin complements Bulletin 596 An introduction to life cycle assessment.
The bulletin covers:
- what building life cycle assessment is
- why use building LCA when designing buildings
- how building LCA can be incorporated into design
- recognition of building LCA in Green Star
- the New Zealand whole-building whole-of-life framework
- modelled buildings for use as comparators in building LCA
- tools for carrying out building LCA.
|Publication date||April 2017|