BU607 Passive ventilation
Ventilation brings fresh air into a dwelling, removes excess moisture and pollutants such as carbon dioxide and can cool the interior in summer. This bulletin outlines the design considerations for optimising passive ventilation in New Zealand domestic buildings.
The bulletin replaces Bulletin 430 of the same name.
This bulletin covers:
- what passive ventilation is
- how much ventilation is required
- passive ventilation design
- passive ventilation fixtures and devices
- where mechanical ventilation is recommended.
|Publication date||February 2017|