BU602 Thermal modelling tools for houses
Thermal modelling software tools measure the impacts of design decisions on the thermal performance of a building. Modelling is the best way to assess what it would be like to live or work in a building that is not yet built or renovated.
This bulletin covers thermal models for residential applications only.
The bulletin includes:
- what are thermal modelling tools
- why use thermal modelling tools
- when should these tools be used
- what issues can they explore
- who should use the tools
- when is it best to use the tools
- what characteristics should these tools have
- modelling recommendations
- a selection of tools.
|Publication date||October 2016|