BU586 Embedded floor heating
Embedded floor heating systems provide a uniform heat over the entire floor area by means of low-temperature heat stored within the floor slab. This bulletin outlines the design and installation requirements for hot water and electric floor heating systems that are embedded in a concrete floor, either slab on ground or suspended.
This bulletin replaces Bulletin 491 of the same name.
The bulletin covers:
- floor heating systems
- types of floor heating
- Building Code requirements
- design of hydronic and electric systems
- temperature control
- installation of the embedded heating system
- installation of floor slab
- commissioning and operation
- maintenance for hydronic systems
- floor coverings.
|Publication date||August 2015|