BU541 Concrete floor slabs
This bulletin describes the general requirements for on-grade concrete floor slabs as described in NZS 3604:2011 Timber-framed buildings. Also discussed are important changes to New Zealand Building clause B1 Structure.
The bulletin covers:
- Building Code requirements
- concrete specifications
- finished floor levels and foundation edge construction
- granular hardfill
- damp-proof membranes
- slab thickness and dimensions
- shrinkage control joints
- curing, concrete strength and concrete cover
- internal loadbearing walls and slabs
- fixing of plates
- floor slab insulation and in-slab heating.
|Publication date||December 2011|