BU455 Restoring a house after flood damage
This bulletin is intended to assist with the putting right that is so important after a flood. It covers health and safety considerations, tips for cleaning up inside and outside, drying out the house and repairs.
These are some of the key messages in the bulletin:
- People who live in low-lying, flood-prone areas should always have an evacuation plan and emergency supplies prepared.
- If your house has a notice placed on it by the local council proclaiming it is uninhabitable, you cannot live in it until the sign is removed.
- Flood debris should be cleared away as soon as possible so drying can start.
- No finishing work should be done until the house is fully dry.
- All services must be made safe before any remedial work begins.
|Publication date||November 2004|