Structural Testing Engineer
Are you a structural engineer, who is interested in working in a role where you test and report on building materials, systems and components for NZ, Australian and international clients?
A Structural Testing Engineer manages structural testing projects from end to end. Structural testing encompasses a wide range of activities, including gravity loading, impact, bracing, earthquake, wind and cyclonic testing of building components and systems. Test specimens may range from individual fasteners to full scale shear walls, structural diaphragms and non-structural components. This role is involved in all aspects of client engagement, structural advice to clients, structural testing, and delivery of test reports in order to generate fee income for BRANZ.
What we need from you:
• A degree in Civil Engineering specialising in structures or a related field
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build relationships with clients and to promote BRANZ consultancy services to the industry
• Proven track record in successfully delivering projects
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of industry standards, building industry sector trends, and scientific developments
• A practical approach and a natural curiosity to understand our instrumentation technology
• Excellent attention to detail
• Personable with the ability to work as part of a high performing team
To find out more, download the Position description
To apply, please email your covering letter and CV to Jodi.Carr@branz.co.nz
Why work at BRANZ?
At BRANZ we are proud of what we do. Through our research, testing, consultancy and information resources we make a positive and significant contribution to the building and construction industry.
Many of our staff have been here for some considerable time - perhaps that is why there is such a family feel to our company. Lifestyle and family are important to staff, and we recognise this through providing a flexible working environment.
Our staff often say they enjoy working at BRANZ because of the friendly people, interesting work, opportunities for development and beautiful rural surroundings (but only 30 minutes' drive from the capital city).
Other benefits of working at BRANZ: