EA to the Chief Executive
BRANZ is an independent and impartial research, testing, and consulting company focussed on inspiring the industry to provide better buildings for New Zealanders. We are a vibrant and ambitious organisation that is moving at pace.
EA to CE
• Travel and accommodation booking for CE and Board
• Diary management for CE
• Drafting and collating of board papers and reports
• Minute meetings and follow up on actions
• Organisation of stakeholder functions
• Manage legislative compliance process
• Arrange Board Evaluations and Governance reviews with appropriate input
• Manage the process for Election of Directors
• Liaise with nominating bodies to ensure membership is maintained and nominees are provided with guidance
• Assist with compliance activities for Rules and Constitutions of the Group
• Liaise with Strategy Management Consultants to ensure that strategy reporting and processes are well managed
• Coordinate meetings to facilitate discussions around the above
• Manage the administration and tracking of progress
The role is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their Executive Assistant career path. The position is pivotal to the organisation, and as such we are seeking someone who has:
• Proven experience in working with and supporting CEs and Boards
• Articulate with strong written capabilities and experience in preparing and editing reporting for a senior readership
• Very organised, with strong attention to detail and time management capability
• Possesses good governance knowledge in line with IoD standards
• Excellent relationship management skills; able to appropriately interact with a broad range of people in roles of varying seniority up to Board level
We are seeking someone who can start in early January 2020 to get an in-depth hand over with the person currently in the position.
This role is truly a rare opportunity, and for the right person offers a fantastic workplace culture with varied, interesting and challenging job content. If this is the opportunity you have been waiting for, please do not delay in sending in your application.
Please note: only applicants with the legal right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this role.
Contact Brigid Kelly at Forte Recruitment on (04) 901 6444 if you have any questions or apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org your CV as a word document with a covering letter outlining your availability and experience, using the reference BIK4196.
Structural Testing Engineer
Are you a structural engineer, who is interested in working in a role where you test and report on building materials, systems and components for NZ, Australian and international clients?
A Structural Testing Engineer manages structural testing projects from end to end. Structural testing encompasses a wide range of activities, including gravity loading, impact, bracing, earthquake, wind and cyclonic testing of building components and systems. Test specimens may range from individual fasteners to full scale shear walls, structural diaphragms and non-structural components. This role is involved in all aspects of client engagement, structural advice to clients, structural testing, and delivery of test reports in order to generate fee income for BRANZ.
What we need from you:
• A degree in Civil Engineering specialising in structures or a related field
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to build relationships with clients and to promote BRANZ consultancy services to the industry
• Proven track record in successfully delivering projects
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of industry standards, building industry sector trends, and scientific developments
• A practical approach and a natural curiosity to understand our instrumentation technology
• Excellent attention to detail
• Personable with the ability to work as part of a high performing team
To find out more, download the Position description
To apply, please email your covering letter and CV to Jodi.Carr@branz.co.nz
Why work at BRANZ?
At BRANZ we are proud of what we do. Through our research, testing, consultancy and information resources we make a positive and significant contribution to the building and construction industry.
Many of our staff have been here for some considerable time - perhaps that is why there is such a family feel to our company. Lifestyle and family are important to staff, and we recognise this through providing a flexible working environment.
Our staff often say they enjoy working at BRANZ because of the friendly people, interesting work, opportunities for development and beautiful rural surroundings (but only 30 minutes' drive from the capital city).
Other benefits of working at BRANZ: