Assessing Waste Streams
At the very start of a project, the possibilities for material recycling need to be established.
Most materials from construction/demolition sites can be reused or recycled. The materials that are recycled or salvaged for reuse depend on:
- current facilities and market demand in your area, which may change over time
- quality and condition of materials
- time available for salvage
- the emphasis put onto waste stream management.
Find out about:
- what materials can be recycled
- for deconstruction projects, what products can be salvaged
- how to find markets for your recycled material
- REBRI Recycling Directory
- how to carry out a cost/benefit analysis of recycling various materials, based on the separation requirements and markets available, using our REBRI Resource Routing Calculator
- volume-to-weight conversion for waste construction materials.