Appraisal number: 1122 (2020)
Date issued: 15 Sep 2020
Thermaflash Flashing Tape
Thermaflash Flashing Tape is a flexible flashing tape system for use around framed joinery openings in conjunction with the optional Thermakraft Corner Mould.
The system is installed into and around the framed joinery opening over the wall underlay and exposed frame to cover both the face and edge of the opening framing as a secondary weather-resistant barrier.
Thermaflash Flashing Tape is also used at joinery heads to seal flashing upstands to the wall underlay.
Thermaflash Flashing Tape has been appraised as a flexible flashing tape system for use around window and door joinery openings for buildings within the following scope:
- The scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 paragraph 1.1 for timber-framed buildings.
- The scope limitations of NASH Building Envelope Solutions paragraph 1.1 for steel-framed buildings.
- With a risk score of 0-20 calculated in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 or NASH Building Envelope Solutions Table 2.
- With wall cladding systems complying with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 or NASH Building Envelope Solutions or a valid BRANZ Appraisal that specifies a flexible flashing tape system.
- With flexible wall underlays compatible with the flashing tape and complying with the NZBC.
- Situated in NZS 3604 and NASH Standard Part 2 wind zones up to and including extra high.
Note: Thermakraft Ltd offers Thermaflash as a flashing tape for mid-rise buildings with wall cladding systems complying with NZBC Verification Method E2/VM2, but this aspect is outside the scope of this Appraisal. The suitability of use of Thermaflash in proprietary wall cladding systems must be confirmed by the relevant system proprietor.
Always refer to the Appraisal in full and the technical literature.