Appraisal number: 1112 (2020)
Date issued: 23 Jun 2020
Glasscorp HP Facade Sealant
Glasscorp HP Facade Sealant is a weathersealing sealant for exterior use and a general-purpose gap-filling sealant for exterior and interior use.
Glasscorp HP Facade Sealant has been appraised for use as a sealant in buildings within the following scope:
- The scope limitations of NZBC E2/AS1 paragraph 1.1.
Glasscorp HP Facade Sealant has also been appraised for use as a sealant in buildings subject to specific design within the following scope:
- In joints with a minimum width and depth of 5 mm.
- In joints with a maximum width of 35 mm.
- With substrates of:
- timber (unpainted and unstained) - treated or untreated softwoods and hardwoods, plywood, hardboard, treated or untreated particleboard
- plastics - polyester, acrylic, unplasticised or plasticised PVC
- metals - stainless steel, mild steel, galvanised steel, enamel- coated steel, powder coated (polyester or epoxy) aluminium, anodised aluminium, mill finished aluminium, copper, brass or zinc
- concrete and masonry - standard concrete, glass fibre reinforced concrete, concrete and clay blocks, marble, granite or natural stone tiles
- glass and ceramics - glazing, tiles.
Note: Glasscorp HP Facade Sealant can be used on other substrates but these have not been assessed and are outside the scope of this Appraisal. Glasscorp Ltd must be consulted when proposing the sealing of material not specifically covered by this Appraisal.
- Glasscorp TDS, version 1, 7 May 2020
Always refer to the Appraisal in full and the technical literature.