Appraisal number: 844 (2019)
Date issued: 9 May 2019
Gorilla Silicone Sealants
Gorilla Silicone Sealants are waterproof elastic UV-resistant joint sealants for interior and exterior applications.
Gorilla Silicone Sealants have been appraised for use as exterior sealants in buildings within the following scope:
- The scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 Paragraph 1.1.
Gorilla Silicone Sealants have also been appraised for use as internal and external sealants in buildings subject to specific design within the following scope:
- With a minimum joint depth of 5 mm and joint width between 5 mm and 30 mm.
- With substrates of:
- timber (unpainted and unstained) - particleboard, fibreboard, untreated pine, boric-treated pine, tanalised pine, New Zealand natives or untreated cedar or Douglas fir
- plastics - PVC, melamine sheet, fibreglass (gelcoat side only), polyurethane coatings, epoxy and polyester coatings or epoxy mortars
- metals - stainless steel, copper, brass, zinc anneal, aluminium-zinc, zinc bronze, lead, tin, galvanised steel, mild steel, cast iron or aluminium (milled, anodised or powder coated)
- mineral - concrete, mortar, plaster, blockwork, brickwork, fibre-cement sheeting, unglazed tiles, earthenware (clay), glazed ceramic tiles, stoneware (e.g. Hinuera stone and Oamaru stone), marble* or granite*
- standard concrete, glass fibre reinforced concrete, concrete and clay blocks, tiles, natural stone* or bricks
- glass and ceramics
- butyl rubber products
- stoved enamel.
Note: Substrates or materials other than those specified above have not been assessed and are outside the scope of this Appraisal. Soudal Ltd must be consulted when proposing the sealing of material not specifically covered by this Appraisal.
* These materials may stain when in contact with Gorilla Silicone Sealants. Refer to Soudal Ltd for further information.
- Gorilla Electrical Silicone Sealant, Technical Datasheet, Feb 2019
- Gorilla Bathroom & Kitchen Silicone Sealant, Technical Datasheet, Nov 2018
- Gorilla Plumbers Silicone Sealant, Technical Datasheet, Nov 2018
- Silrub 2/S, Technical Datasheet, 27/01/2020
- Silrub NO5, Technical Datasheet, 16/07/2019
- Toptec Technical Datasheet, 27 September 2017
Always refer to the Appraisal in full and the technical literature.