Appraisal number: 818 (2018)
Date issued: 31 Aug 2018
Glasscorp Greenseal Sealant
Glasscorp Greenseal Sealant is a weatherproofing sealant for exterior use and a general purpose gap-filling sealant for exterior and interior use.
Glasscorp Greenseal Sealant has been appraised for use as an exterior sealant in buildings within the following scope:
- The scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 paragraph 1.1.
Glasscorp Greenseal Sealant has also been appraised for use as internal and external sealants in buildings subject to specific design within the following scope:
- In joints with a minimum depth of 5 mm.
- In joints with a minimum width of 5 mm and maximum width of 35 mm.
- With substrates of
- timber (unpainted and unstained) - particleboard, fibreboard, untreated pine, boric-treated pine, tanalised pine, New Zealand natives or untreated cedar or Douglas fir
- plastics - PVC, melamine sheet, fibreglass (gelcoat side only), polyurethane coatings, epoxy and polyester coatings or epoxy mortars
- mineral - concrete, mortar, plaster, blockwork, brickwork, fibre-cement sheeting, unglazed tiles, earthenware (clay), glazed ceramic tiles, stoneware (e.g. Hinuera stone and Oamaru stone), marble or granite
- metal - stainless steel, copper, brass, zinc anneal, aluminium-zinc, zinc bronze, lead, tin, galvanised steel, mild steel, cast iron or aluminium (milled, anodised or powder coated)
- stoved enamel.
Note: Substrates or materials other than those specified above have not been assessed and are outside the scope of this Appraisal. Glasscorp Ltd must be consulted when proposing the sealing of material not specifically covered by this Appraisal.
Always refer to the Appraisal in full and the technical literature.