Appraisal number: 744 (2017)
Date issued: 22 Aug 2017
Dampfix Gold Exterior Waterproofing Membrane
Dampfix Gold Exterior Waterproofing Membrane is a liquid-applied waterproofing membrane for use under ceramic or stone tile finishes on external decks and balconies.
Dampfix Gold Exterior Waterproofing Membrane has been appraised as a deck and balcony waterproofing membrane on buildings within the following scope:
- The scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 paragraph 1.1.
- The scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area when subject to specific engineering design.
- With substrates of plywood, fibre-cement compressed sheet or suspended concrete slab.
- With minimum falls for decks and balconies of 1:40.
- With deck and balcony size limited to 40 m².
- Situated in NZS 3604 wind zones up to and including extra high.
Decks and balconies must be designed and constructed in accordance with the following limitations:
- With the membrane continually protected from exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light and from physical damage by ceramic or stone tile finishes.
- With no steps within the deck level and no downpipes discharging directly onto the deck.
Movement and control joints in the substrate must be carried through the membrane and tile finish. The design and construction of the substrate and movement and control joints is specific to each building and is therefore the responsibility of the building designer and building contractor and is outside the scope of this Appraisal.
Ceramic or stone tile finishes are outside the scope of this Appraisal.
The membrane must be installed by trained applicators approved by Bostik New Zealand Ltd.
Technical Data Sheet - Dampfix Gold - Water Based Polyurethane Liquid Waterproofing Membrane, 25/11/2014
Always refer to the Appraisal in full and the technical literature.