Appraisal number: 727 (2017)
Date issued: 5 Dec 2017
ARDEX Undertile Sheet Membrane (WPM 750 and WPM 1000)
ARDEX Undertile Sheet Membrane (WPM 750 and WPM 1000) is a synthetic rubber membrane for use under ceramic or stone tile finishes in internal wet areas.
ARDEX Undertile Sheet Membrane (WPM 750 and WPM 1000) has been appraised for use as a waterproofing membrane for the internal wet areas of buildings within the following scope:
- On floor substrates of concrete, plywood, compressed fibre-cement sheet and fibre-cement sheet tile underlay and on wall substrates of concrete, concrete masonry, wet area fibre-cement sheet lining systems and wet area plasterboard lining systems.
- When protected from physical damage by ceramic or stone tile finishes.
- Where floors are designed and constructed such that deflections do not exceed 1/360th of the span.
The use of ARDEX Undertile Sheet Membrane (WPM 750 and WPM 1000) on concrete slabs where hydrostatic or vapour pressure is present from below is outside the scope of the Appraisal.
Movement and control joints in the substrate must be carried through the membrane and tile finish. The design and construction of the substrate and movement and control joints is specific to each building and is therefore the responsibility of the building designer and building contractor and is outside the scope of this Appraisal.
The ceramic or stone tile finishes are outside the scope of this Appraisal.
The membrane must be installed by trained installers approved by ARDEX New Zealand Ltd.
- ARDEX WPM 750 Undertile Butynol - Rubber Membrane Waterproofing System, October 2018.
- ARDEX WPM1000 - Weldable Waterproofing Membrane for Under Tiles, July 2019
Always refer to the Appraisal in full and the technical literature.