Appraisal number: 724 (2017)
Date issued: 22 Nov 2017
AquaBlok Interior Waterproofing Membranes
AquaBlok Interior Waterproofing Membranes are single and two-part waterproofing membranes for use under ceramic or stone tile finishes in internal wet areas.
AquaBlok Interior Waterproofing Membranes have been appraised for use as waterproofing membranes for the internal wet areas of buildings within the following scope:
- On floor substrates of concrete, flooring grade particleboard, plywood, compressed fibre-cement sheet and fibre-cement sheet tile underlay and on wall substrates of concrete, concrete masonry, wet area fibre-cement sheet lining systems and wet area plasterboard lining systems.
- When protected from physical damage by ceramic or stone tile finishes.
- Where floors are designed and constructed such that deflections do not exceed 1/360th of the span.
The use of AquaBlok Interior Waterproofing Membranes on concrete slabs where hydrostatic or vapour pressure is present from below is outside the scope of the Appraisal.
Movement and control joints in the substrate must be carried through to the membrane and tile finish. The design and construction of the substrate and movement and control joints is specific to each building and is therefore the responsibility of the building designer and building contractor and is outside the scope of this Appraisal.
The ceramic or stone tile finishes are outside the scope of this Appraisal.
The membranes must be installed by trained applicators approved by Sika (NZ) Ltd.
- Technical Data Sheet AquaBlok Issue 1
- Technical Data Sheet AquaBlok 2 Part, 17/04/2013
- AquaBlok Elasto Joint Data Sheet, 1.5.2011
- Technical Data Sheet AquaBlok WPU, 25/07/13
Always refer to the Appraisal in full and the technical literature.