Appraisal number: 703 (2016)
Date issued: 25 Dec 2016
Superstrand™ Sarking is an engineered woodpanel sheet material for use as a roof sarking material under shingles and other similar types of roofing materials.
Superstrand™ Sarking is treated to hazard class H3.1.
Superstrand™ Sarking has been appraised for use on buildings within the following scope:
- With timber roof framing designed in accordance with NZS 3604, NZS 4229 or timber roof members subject to specific design.
- In NZS 3604 wind zones up to and including extra high.
- Maximum eaves height of 10 m above the ground.
- Snow loads up to 1 kPa.
- Roof pitch of at least 10°.
- With roof trusses or framing at maximum of 900 mm centres.
- With roofing materials up to 150 kg/m².
The system must be installed in accordance with the technical literature.
Superstrand™ Sarking has not been appraised for the following situations:
- As a diaphragm.
- On flat roofs, decks, trafficable areas or roofs with a pitch of less than 10°.
- As a substrate for membrane roofs.
Superstrand™ Sarking Technical Literature, August 2010
Always refer to the Appraisal in full and the technical literature.