Appraisal number: 644 (2017)
Date issued: 17 Jan 2017
Warmup Undertile Heating
Warmup Undertile Heating is electric heating intended for floor surface warming and space heating to stone and ceramic-tiled areas of residential and commercial building including wet areas.
Warmup Undertile Heating has been appraised for use in internal dry and wet areas of buildings, within the following scope:
- On structural substrates of concrete, plywood or compressed fibre-cement sheet (excluding particleboard flooring).
- With optional floor overlays of fibre-cement tile underlays or Warmup Insulation Backer Board.
- When protected from physical damage by a screed and ceramic or stone tiles.
- Where floors are designed and constructed such that deflections do not exceed 1/360th of the span.
- Movement and control joints in the substrate must be carried through to the screed, tile or stone finish.
- The design and construction of the movement and control joints is specific to the building and therefore the responsibility of the building designer and building contractor and is therefore outside this scope.
- Tiling or stone finishes are outside the scope of this Appraisal.
- When used in a wet area, a waterproofing system must be used but this is outside the scope of the Appraisal.
- Where floors are designed not to exceed a continuous operating temperature of 35°C.
- The system must be installed using detailing as set out in the technical literature.
- Warmup Undertile Heating must be installed by trained applicators approved by Warmup New Zealand Ltd.
Installation Manual (Undertile Heating Kit)
Always refer to the Appraisal in full and the technical literature.