Appraisal number: 591 (2019)
Date issued: 15 Oct 2019
One Piece Sill Tape Flexible Flashing
One Piece Sill Tape is a flexible flashing tape system for use around framed joinery openings as a secondary weather-resistant barrier.
The system is installed into and around the framed joinery opening over a flexible wall underlay and exposed frame to cover both the face and edge of the opening framing. One Piece Sill Tape is also used at joinery heads to seal flashing upstands to a flexible wall underlay.
One Piece Sill Tape has been appraised as a flexible flashing system for use around window and door joinery openings for buildings within the following scope:
- Constructed with timber framing in accordance with the scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 paragraph 1.1.
- Constructed with steel framing subject to specific engineering design with building height and floor plan area scope limitations in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1.
- With a risk score of 0-20 calculated in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 Table 2.
- With wall cladding systems complying with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 or a valid BRANZ Appraisal.
- With flexible wall underlays compatible with the flashing tape and complying with the NZBC.
- Situated in NZS 3604 wind zones up to and including extra high.
Protecto Wrap One Piece Sill Tape - MW OPST, Nov 2016
Always refer to the Appraisal in full and the technical literature.