Appraisal number: 529 (2017)
Date issued: 26 Jan 2018
GAF Asphalt Roof Shingles
GAF Asphalt Roof Shingles are glass-fibre reinforced asphalt shingles surfaced with ceramic-coated mineral chips. They are available in the following series types: Timberline, Timberline Lifetime, Camelot, Camelot 2, Slateline and Grand Sequoia.
The shingles and flashing accessories form a roofing system when installed over a plywood substrate and roofing underlayment.
GAF Asphalt Roof Shingles have been appraised as a roof cladding for buildings within the following scope:
- The scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 paragraph 1.1 with regard to floor plan area and building height.
- Constructed with timber roof framing and plywood sheathing complying with the NZBC.
- Where the roof slope is 9° or greater.
- Situated in NZS 3604 wind zones up to and including extra high.
The system must be installed in accordance with the technical literature by a Roofing Logistics NZ Ltd trained and approved installer.
- GAF Asphalt Shingle Roofing System Technical Specification for New Zealand, August 02 2012
- Construction details for GAF Asphalt Shingle Roofing System BRANZ 529, 5 July 2018
Always refer to the Appraisal in full and the technical literature.