Appraisal number: 501 (2017)
Date issued: 16 Jun 2017
Putz Technik System 300 Cavity System
Putz Technik System 300 is a cavity-based exterior insulation and finishing system (EIFS) wall cladding. It is an external wall cladding system for residential and light commercial type buildings where domestic construction techniques are used.
The system consists of expanded polystyrene (EPS) sheets fixed over polystyrene or timber battens to form the cavity. The coating system consists of 5-10 mm thickness of fibreglass mesh reinforced plaster, which is finished with a latex exterior paint system. The plaster finish can be textured to give different appearances, such as sponge, float, adobe or scratch (medium or coarse).
The system incorporates a primary and secondary means of weather resistance (first and second line of defence) against water penetration by separating the cladding from the external wall framing with a nominal 20 mm drained cavity.
Putz Technik System 300 has been appraised as an external wall cladding system for buildings within the following scope:
- The scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 paragraph 1.1.
- Constructed with timber framing complying with the NZBC.
- With a risk score of 0-20 calculated in accordance with NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 Table 2.
- Situated in NZS 3604 wind zones up to and including extra high.
Putz Technik System 300 has also been appraised for weathertightness and structural wind loading when used as an external wall cladding system for buildings within the following scope:
- The scope limitations of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area.
- Constructed with timber or steel framing subject to specific engineering design.
- Situated in specific design wind pressures up to a maximum design differential ultimate limit state (ULS) of 2.5 kPa.
Putz Technik System 300 must only be installed on vertical surfaces (except for tops of parapets, sills and balustrades, which must have a minimum 10° slope and be waterproofed in accordance with the technical literature).
The system is appraised for use with aluminium window and door joinery that is installed with vertical jambs and horizontal heads and sills. (The Appraisal of Putz Technik System 300 relies on the joinery meeting the requirements of NZS 4211 for the relevant wind zone or wind pressure.)
Installation of components and accessories supplied by Putz Technik and approved applicators must be carried out only by Putz Technik approved applicators.
- Putz Technik Mineral Plaster Technology - System 300 Technical Manual, version 1, 4 March 2017
- Putz Technik System 300 Cavity System Drawing Register, version 1.4
Always refer to the Appraisal in full and the technical literature.