Appraisal number: 472 (2017)
Date issued: 17 Jan 2018
ARDEX Undertile Internal Liquid Waterproofing Membranes
ARDEX Undertile Liquid Membranes are premixed and two-part liquid-applied waterproofing membranes for use under ceramic or stone tile finishes in internal wet areas.
ARDEX Undertile Liquid Membranes have been appraised for use as waterproofing membranes for the internal wet areas of buildings within the following scope:
- On floor substrates of concrete, flooring grade particleboard, plywood, compressed fibre-cement sheet and fibre-cement sheet tile underlay and on wall substrates of concrete, concrete masonry, wet area fibre-cement sheet lining systems and wet area plasterboard lining systems.
- When protected from physical damage by ceramic or stone tile finishes.
- Where floors are designed and constructed such that deflections do not exceed 1/360th of the span.
The use of ARDEX Undertile Liquid Membranes on concrete slabs where hydrostatic or vapour pressure is present from below is outside the scope of the Appraisal.
Movement and control joints in the substrate must be carried through the membrane and tile finish. The design and construction of the substrate and movement and control joints is specific to each building and is therefore the responsibility of the building designer and building contractor and is outside the scope of this Appraisal.
The ceramic or stone tile finishes are outside the scope of this Appraisal.
The membranes must be installed by trained installers approved by ARDEX New Zealand Ltd.
- ARDEX WPM 001 – Superflex Bathroom and Balcony Premix - 1 Part (NZ), March 2012
- ARDEX WPM 002 – Superflex Bathroom and Balcony - 2 Part (NZ), March 2012
- ARDEX WPM 155 Rapid (NZ and AUS), May 2013
Always refer to the Appraisal in full and the technical literature.