Appraisal number: 462 (2016)
Date issued: 14 Oct 2016
Shelterseal Damp-Proof Membranes
Shelterseal Membranes are self-adhesive damp-proof membranes (DPM) for basement retaining walls and floors. They are applied under floor slabs and foundations and to the exterior face of basement retaining walls to prevent water vapour penetrating to the interior face in spaces where moisture may cause damage.
The products are supplied as self-adhering, cold-applied, polymer rubber-modified bitumen sheets in roll form and are applied as single or double-layer systems.
Shelterseal Membranes have been appraised as damp-proof membranes for use under floor slabs complying with NZS 3604 and as a damp-proof membrane behind concrete masonry basement walls and under floor slabs complying with NZS 4229.
Shelterseal Membranes have also been appraised for use as a damp-proof membrane on buildings subject to specific design within the following scope:
- Where the design of the building will be the responsibility of the building designer.
- With clean, sound, continuous substrates of in situ or precast concrete complying with NZS 3101 and AS/NZS 1170 or concrete masonry complying with NZS 4230 and 4210.
- Where the membrane is adequately protected against damage during backfilling and in service.
- Where subsoil drainage and free-draining granular backfill has been placed behind basement walls.
The products must be installed by ARDEX New Zealand Ltd approved applicators.
- Ardex WPM 3000X - Shelterseal 3000X, September 2018
- Ardex WPM 5000HD - Shelterseal 5000HD, August 2019
Always refer to the Appraisal in full and the technical literature.