Appraisal number: 450 (2017)
Date issued: 28 Feb 2017
Protecto Tape Flashing Tape
Protecto Tape Flashing Tape is a self-adhering waterproofing membrane used for flashing parapet and balustrade caps. The tape provides a base to which most plaster or texture coat finishing systems are able to be applied, creating a monolithic finish that conceals the tape from view.
Protecto Tape Flashing Tape has been appraised for use as a waterproofing membrane tape within the following scope:
- On buildings within the scope of NZBC Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 paragraph 1.1 with regards to building height and floor plan area.
- On parapets and balustrades that have a minimum slope of 10° (1 in 4).
- With proprietary EIFS and texture-coated fibre-cement cladding systems.
- Over fibre-cement, polystyrene or timber substrates.
- As a sealing ‘bandage' over fixing blocks in external walls.
Proprietary EIFS and texture-coated fibre-cement cladding systems have not been assessed and are outside the scope of this Appraisal.
Protecto Tape Specification, MW PT, 02/10/2014
Always refer to the Appraisal in full and the technical literature.