BU455 Restoring a house after flood damage
This bulletin is intended to assist with the putting right that is so important after a flood.
Key messages in this free bulletin include:
- people who live in low-lying, flood-prone areas should always have an evacuation plan and emergency supplies prepared
- if your house has a notice placed on it by the local council proclaiming it is uninhabitable, you cannot live in it until the sign is removed.
- flood debris should be cleared away as soon as possible so drying can start
- no finishing work should be done until the house is fully dry
- all services must be made safe before any remedial work begins.
Publication date: November 2004 Keywords: mould, safety